To save the church!
Email, write, and/or phone the
Portugal Cove - St. Philip's Town Council NOW!
There is now an application to demolish the St. Philip's 1894 Heritage Church, which has been received by the Portugal Cove-St. Philip's Town Council, from the Anglican Diocese (and St. Philip's Parish Hierarchy). This will be voted on soon at a PCSP Town Council meeting: either to give a demolition permit, or reject the application.
Portugal Cove - St. Philip's Town Council
1119 Thorburn Road, PCSP, NL A1M 1T6
Mayor Moses Tucker - firstname.lastname@example.org
Deputy Mayor Gavin Will - email@example.com
Councillor Johnny Hanlon - firstname.lastname@example.org
Councillor Dave Bartlett - email@example.com
Councillor Joe Butler - firstname.lastname@example.org
Councillor Norm Collins - email@example.com
Councillor Aaron Facey - firstname.lastname@example.org
Bishop Geoff Peddle - email@example.com
19 King's Bridge Road, St. John's, A1C 3K4
The Church By The Sea Inc. Heritage Group is a volunteer non-profit registered charity, which began as a committee in 2008, incorporated as a non-profit organization and established as a CRA charity in 2010. The CBTS Inc.'s board members serve on a volunteer basis without remuneration.
We are dedicated to preserving and restoring the historic St. Philip's 1894 Church, which is a designated Municipal Heritage building in the Town of Portugal Cove-St. Philip's. Our mission is to see this building preserved as a heritage landmark and become a vibrant part of the community.
1. SAVE Our Steeple: reattach the toppled steeple to the church tower.
2. PRESERVE the St. Philip's Heritage Church building to its 1894 memory, glory, and dignity.
3. USE this historic building, as:
- a Parish, Town, or Provincial church architecture museum;
- a chapel, under the guidance of the St. Philip's Parish;
- an education model and tool for schools and the community;
- any other uses that are deemed acceptable by the Parish and the community, to bring income for operation and maintenance.